How to Pick a Sunglasses Style
Have you found the perfect pair of summer shades yet? Get out this weekend and shop your nearest Eye Elegance Houston location to freshen up your summer wardrobe and put your best face forward.
Before we dive into finding the right pair of shades for your gorgeous face, we’re going to review a few rules everyone should follow when shopping for sunnies:
- Look for lenses that block 100% of both UVA and UVB rays;
- The larger the lenses, the more coverage (and protection) your sunglasses provide;
- Polarized lenses help cut down on glare—great for athletes and/or spending time on the water.
For Your Consideration: Face Shape
While there are no hard-and-fast rules about what looks “best” on your face shape, there are a few guidelines to help narrow your search. As always, trying on a pair of glasses is the best way to find out how they make you look and feel! Think about the following when seeking out the right pair of sunglasses for you:
- Round Faces: Add definition and play with proportion to lengthen the face. Narrow frames with strong angles are a great option.
- Oval Faces: Oval faces have balanced proportions. Add structure with square frames, or go for flattering, timeless aviator-style sunglasses.
- Heart-Shaped Faces: Balance a heart-shaped face with frames that get thicker/heavier/wider at the bottom.
- Square Faces: Opt for frames that offer balance and structure. Add softness with sunglasses shapes like cat-eye, circular, or teardrop.
Connect with Eye Elegance on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and YouTube. Stay tuned to our blog for updates on in-store events, promotions, and more!